Apart from hair on your head, you also need hair on your eyebrows and eyelashes in order to look pretty. Well-shaped eyebrows and lush eyelashes can enhance the appearance of your eyes. However, not all women are lucky enough to have healthy hair growth on their eyebrows and eyelashes.
If you are one of these unlucky ones, you are not going to remain unlucky for long. Here is Follicular Unit Extraction or FUE, which is the perfect solution for you.
What exactly is FUE Hair Transplant?
FUE or Follicular Unit Extraction refers to a sophisticated procedure of hair transplant that is not only effective, but also minimally invasive. This technique involves the extraction of hair follicles from an area called the donor area. This is generally located at the back of your head where the hair growth is supposed to be continuous.
These follicles are prepared into follicular unit grafts by dissecting them under a microscope. These grafts are then transplanted onto the recipient area, which is the area where you want hair growth. As the hair follicles are extracted individually, this procedure is generally used in cases of eyebrow transplant and eyelash transplant where the number of grafts is minimal.
Where oils, creams and medications fail to stop hair loss or stimulate the re-growth of fresh hair, Follicular Unit Extraction seems to be very effective. In this procedure your own hair follicles are transplanted to restore hair growth in areas where you may be facing hair loss or extreme hair thinning.
Therefore, the color, texture and shape of the hair that grows back will match perfectly with your original hair. Also, at Nu Cosmetic Clinic, we have trained and experienced specialists who take extra care to make sure the direction and position of the hair follicle is exactly the way your hair grows. Hence, the results look absolutely natural.
How does FUE work?
- The hair on your donor area is first trimmed up to 1mm length so as to extract hair follicles easily. After this, a local anesthetic is applied to make sure you don’t face any discomfort or pain.
- A precision instrument which is 1mm in diameter is then used to extract hair follicles individually from the donor area. This will create a round circular incision around each of the hair follicles to separate them easily. A tweezer is then used to extract them one by one.
- The grafts are then dissected using high-powered stereo microscopes to prepare them for transplantation.
- Local anesthesia is applied on to the recipient area and tiny incisions are created to transplant these grafts
- These grafts or follicular units are then placed individually into the incisions that are created in the recipient area, taking care to follow the direction and position of the original hair.
The Results of FUE
Cost of FUE
The exact cost of FUE procedure cannot be determined unless you attend an evaluation session during which estimates will be done on the number of grafts required, after taking into account the existing amount of hair in your recipient area. This cost differs from person to person. The best way to get this estimated would be to call us and fix up an appointment with our experts for a consultation session. During this session, you will know everything that there is to know, about FUE.