Overview of Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy is a safe treatment to replenish your scalp with all the required nutrients to stop hair loss and stimulate hair growth. In this procedure, a solution that is prepared out of various vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids, amino acids and co-enzymes, is injected into various areas of your scalp using microinjections. The ingredients used in the solution are tailored based on the requirements of the client on a case to case basis. This treatment strengthens your hair follicles, improves your blood circulation and heals you off your ailments if any.
Benefits of Mesotherapy
- Faster Results: Mesotherapy can help you minimize hair loss within a very short span of time. You will also start seeing a healthy growth of hair within about three months of time
- Absolutely Safe: The solution that is injected into the areas of your scalp is prepared very carefully with natural ingredients that cause no allergies. As there are no cuts or incisions, you don’t have to worry about your skin getting infected in any way. The treatment is absolutely safe.
- Quick Recovery: There are no incisions or cuts in Mesotherapy and hence no wounds or scars to heal from. Therefore, there is no down time involved and you can resume your normal life almost immediately after the treatment.
- Painless: Apart from the injections there is no other procedure involved in Mesotherapy. Numbing cream or a local anesthetic is applied on to your scalp before starting the procedure so that you don’t feel even the slightest pain while being injected. In case you feel sore the next day, you can take care of it by taking a paracetamol or applying an ice pack.
- Natural Results: There are no harsh chemicals or strong medications used in Mesotherapy. The ingredients added in the solution are carefully chosen depending on what your scalp requires for stopping the hair loss and stimulating the hair growth. Hence, the results that you see will be completely natural.
How it works?
- An assessment of your scalp will be done by the dermatologist during the consultation session. This will tell him/her what your scalp lacks in and why you have been facing hair loss.
- Then a solution is prepared by mixing the ingredients that can help in achieving the kind of results that you desire from the treatment.
- Your scalp is then prepared for the procedure by smearing a local anesthetic or a numbing cream at the areas that are to be targeted
- A couple of micro injections are filled with the solution and then injected into the marked areas of your scalp, taking care to make the needle reach the middle layer of the skin or Meso as it is called.
The entire procedure may take about 30 minutes to complete. You don’t have to undergo any dressing or wear any bandage after the session. You can go back to work almost immediately.
Main ingredients Used in Mesotherapy
Acetyl tetrapeptide-3 and Biochanin A are the main ingredients that are used in Mesotherapy.
While Acetyl tetrapeptide-3 is good in minimizing inflammation, modulating DHT and anchoring proteins into your scalp, Biochanin A works on healing your ailments and relieving the symptoms of female pattern baldness.
Results of Mesotherapy
In about a month after starting Mesotherapy you should see a considerable reduction in your Hair loss. You will need multiple treatments to achieve desired results through Mesotherapy and if you do take care of this, you are going to come across a fresh growth of healthy and natural hair after about three or four months.
This hair growth will be a continuous process and keeps on improving in density. You need to however keep the maintenance sessions going for prolonged results.
Ideal Candidates for Mesotherapy
You may be an ideal candidate for Mesotherapy if you are physically healthy and in the early stages of female pattern baldness. While this treatment works well on improving the density of existing hair, it may not really work on growing hair on bald patches.
In case you are bald because of any reason, you may try hair transplant surgery to achieve desired results. Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients and do inform your doctor in case you are taking any medications.
Cost of Mesotherapy
Mesotherapy is not too expensive when compared to the other kinds of hair loss treatments such as hair transplant surgeries.
Nevertheless, how much you have to spend on your treatment can be determined only after a consultation session during which your condition will be carefully evaluated. This cost differs from person to person.
Hair loss treatments and Cosmetic treatments are matters that are personal and private to everyone. Thus, Nu Cosmetic Clinic maintains complete confidentiality in such matters.
All the details that you give us, during consultation session, before the procedure or during the after-care, will be absolutely safe with us. We will not disclose them to anyone unless you nominate someone for the purpose.
Hair loss generally means a lack of nutrients in your scalp. This will be taken care of by Mesotherapy which will replenish your scalp with all the vitamins, minerals, nucleic acids and amino acids required for the prevention of hair loss and the re-growth of hair. Unless you have bald patches on your head, Mesotherapy will work very well for you.
Not really. We make sure the pain that you experience will be minimized by applying a numbing cream or a topical anesthetic on your scalp just before the procedure. Any pain or discomfort that you may experience the next day can be taken care of by a paracetamol or an ice pack.
A healthy and natural growth of hair along your hair line is what you can expect after the Mesotherapy. This growth will improve in density and texture over time. You will see a significant reduction in your hair loss too. However, you may have to go for multiple sessions of the treatment as advised by your dermatologist.
You may come across some amount of swelling, bruising or redness in the injected sites after the procedure. However, these are only temporary and will fade away in about a day or two. At Nu Cosmetic we make sure the ingredients that we use in the solution, are all natural, safe and do not cause any kind of allergies or infections. We avoid folliculitis as far as possible by conducting the procedure in aseptic conditions.
About 20 to 30 minutes is what it may require to complete the entire procedure of Mesotherapy. As this doesn’t need any time for recovery, you can visit the clinic during your lunch break, get the procedure done and return to your work place.
About three to four months of time is what you may be required to wait for, to see your hair start growing after Mesotherapy. However, this totally depends upon the kind of regularity you maintain in the multiple sessions of treatment that you need to attend. If you do so, you will start seeing a continuous growth of hair and achieve the desired results in about a year.
You may have to wait for about 24 hours for washing your hair once you complete a Mesotherapy session. Make use of your regular shampoo and do not rub your scalp while washing your hair. Be as gentle as possible.
No. Mesotherapy can treat psoriasis and eczema; but not dandruff. You may have to consult your dermatologist or try out an anti-dandruff shampoo to get your dandruff issue resolved.
A minimum of four sessions of Mesotherapy is a must if you want to see any kind of results from Mesotherapy. Your doctor will be in a better position to advise you about the number of sessions that are actually required to achieve desired results. About 10 to 12 sessions are usually suggested. However, if you need faster results, you can think of combining Mesotherapy with other treatments such as high transplant surgery, PRP or stem-cell serum.