Causes of Facial Hair Loss
Unwanted, uncontrolled or unexpected disappearance of your facial hair may be termed as Facial hair loss. The most common causes for this kind of hair loss include:
- Alopecia Barbae: This is a type of an auto immune disorder known as alopecia areata. This happens when your immune system starts attacking the hair follicles that exist under the surface of your skin, triggering loss of hair in small, circular patches. While alopecia areata can affect any part of your body, alopecia barbae is only limited to your beard.
- Trichotillomania: This is a condition where the patient starts pulling out his own hair in an uncontrollable or impulsive fashion, from his scalp, beard, eyelashes, eyebrows, genital area, chest or any other part of the body. Being a type of impulse-control disorder, this condition resembles OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder), tic disorder and addiction. The severity of this condition may however vary from one person to the other.
- Lupus: Another cause for facial hair loss is Lupus, which is a kind of inflammation that might trigger hair loss or hair thinning from your scalp or face. Apart from scalp or beard, Lupus might even affect your body hair, eyebrows or eyelashes. However, this is very much treatable.
While there are many topical corticosteroids, oral corticosteroids and injectable ones, Beard Transplant seems to be a permanent solution for loss of facial hair in men, especially if it is due to alopecia barbae. The hair follicles from the back of your head are taken and transplanted onto the area of your face where you want your beard to grow.
How it works:
Beard Transplant uses a procedure called FUT or Follicular Unit Transplantation. This is a minimally invasive procedure which successfully restores hair density on your face.
- First a stable zone area is located at the back or side of your head which has finer hair. This will be the donor area. However, if you are balding, the hair from your chest area can also be used.
- A single strip of tissues is removed from this donor area using a precision tool. Individual hair follicles are then isolated from these tissues using microscopic dissection techniques.
- Local anesthetic is then applied to the area of your face where you want to get hair transplanted. Tiny incisions are created where the hair follicles are to be implanted.
- Then the hair follicles are placed into these incisions in units of 1, 2, 3 or 4. The angle and the positioning are chosen appropriately so as to ensure high density and to achieve natural looks.
Beard Transplant Reviews:
Beard Transplant is one of the most popular treatments that we offer at Nu cosmetic clinic. We have achieved complete success in most of the cases we have taken up. Our clients have been more than satisfied with the kind of results they have experienced. Some have even written a couple of reviews that we have put up on our Testimonial page. Going through these will give you a rough idea of what to expect from our services.
Cost of Beard Transplant:
Beard Transplant cost may differ from person to person. The exact amount that you may have to spend may only be determined after your condition is evaluated completely. There are many factors that are to be taken into consideration and these include:
- The existing amount of hair on your beard
- The style of beard you are looking for
- The density that you want to achieve
- The number of grafts you may require
Fix an appointment with our experts for a consultation session during which your condition will be evaluated and the cost of your treatment will be estimated.